The concept of goals for New Year’s goals seems much more approachable than New Year’s resolutions. Resolutions, somehow, are destined to be broken. Goals however, are more malleable as different situations arise. Below are my goals for the new year.
1. Have a healthy baby. The baby is due March 25th. For those of you who are wondering, we opted not to find out the gender. So far, the baby is growing well, and is healthy.
2. Read 12 books in 2012. This is equivalent to 1 book per month, which is a low bar. However, I am notorious for starting books that I don’t finish. I hope this goal will prompt me to do more reading offline, and to finish what I start.
3. Post to this blog 1-2 times per week, rather than 2-3 times per month. I have several posts started, I just need to be more consistent about posting them. Also, I will be updating the look of this blog. New pictures for header, plugins, etc. I am excited about the challenge of learning more about WordPress.
4. Organize family photos. I am not a scrapbook person, but I have a box of family photos that at a minimum – need to be in albums.
5. Increase my online profile. For several years and a variety of reasons, I have put off building a more robust online profile. That ends this year. I have already joined Twitter, and LinkedIn is next on my list. You can find me at:
@SipsofCoffey – my personal twitter feed. You will probably find my musings, complaints, or funny things my kids say, and other tidbits about daily life in Ireland.
@RheaganCoffey – my professional twitter feed. This will be where I tweet about articles and other things that are of professional interest to me.
These goals, and of course, trying not to go crazy with 3 kids under 4 years old! Here’s to a happy and productive new year!